Mission of CFTE
The Center for Transportation Excellence (CFTE) is a clearinghouse for information in support of quality transportation choices. CFTE is committed to two main objectives: (1) defending the merits of transit and (2) equipping local leaders with the information they need to be successful with their public transportation initiatives and ballot measures.
CFTE is a project of the American Public Transportation Association (APTA), a non-profit international association of more than 1,500 public and private sector member organizations that represent all modes of transportation. You can learn more about APTA by visiting their website.
How Does CFTE Accomplish its Mission?
The Center for Transportation Excellence delivers the message of sensible transportation choice by:
- Track legislative efforts and ballot measures and reporting on the outcomes and trends
- Develop “tool kits,” messaging materials, fact sheets, and other resources that aid local leaders in communicating the benefits of their programs
- Provide strategic and tactical support to public transportation ballot measure campaigns, advocates, and local initiatives working to improve the infrastructure in their community
- Help shape media coverage of public transportation and the ballot measures that create and fund the policy
- Produce analysis and case studies that illustrate the power of effective public transportation